Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summertime, Summertime, Sum Sum Summertime....

Wow. It's hot out there. What happened to Spring? I guess it went North for the season and left good ol' Summertime in it's place. If it weren't for the heat, I would probably love Summer. I remember how excited I was when the last day of school finally came around. Summer really is a special time. My brothers and I would ride our bikes all day, explore the woods around us, go fishing and catch lightening bugs. We had so much fun. One of our favorite pastimes was to go down to the drugstore and spend our allowance on baseball cards, comics and candy. I really liked putting a pack of peanuts in my pepsi or coke. Boy, that was so good. I still like doing those same fun things and we still get together and talk baseball and comics. Maybe we are all still kids at heart and maybe thats the secret of feeling young. So get out there and make the best of Summer and if you are lucky enough to have children make sure you spend quality time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment