Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Cleaning

The beautiful weather we are having lately makes me want to rearrange my livingroom and dust all the trappings of home. Every Spring I raise the windows turn on my music and get busy. I roll up the carpets and take them outside and let them sun awhile. Then, I move my rocking chairs and slide my couch into a new position near the fireplace. I guess there are only so many ways to move everything around. The new placement of the couch satisfies my husband, so I guess thats a good thing. By the end of the day, when all the dust settles and all the furniture has found a new place, we sit down to enjoy the evening. Women of yesteryear did their housework on a daily basis. I bet they didn't need a whole day to rearrange their parlors or sitting rooms. Each day was tasked out for a certain chore. I wonder what my great, great grandma would have done on a day like today?

No comments:

Post a Comment